HAVE YOU CONSIDERED BECOMING AN OCSJ TRiP LEADER ?
Do you like people, do you enjoy nature?
Our club offers many great activities –biking, hiking, canoeing, kayaking,backpacking, X/c skiing, and more, but without leaders these events wouldn’t be possible.
Occasionally, we have to limit the number of participants, mostly for safety reasons. Safety is our number one concern. In order not to disappoint anyone, we need to offer more activities. Again the only way this can happen is if we have more leaders.
The Board has recognized this issue and has tried to come up with a solution
First, we want to make members aware.
Secondly, we would like to offer some incentives to those considering becoming leaders.
The Board has recently authorized free membership extensions to members who become leaders and meet certain criteria.
Here is the criteria to qualify.
* Hike leaders must lead 6 hikes per year.
* Canoe/Kayak leaders must lead 3 paddles per year.
* Bicycling leaders must lead 5 rides per year.
* Backpacking leaders must lead 2 trips per year.
* X/C Ski leaders must lead 1 trip per year.
* Trail maintenance-participation in 3 trail maintenance activitiesper year.
Contact any Activity Chair or the Activities Coordinator email@example.com , for details.